Friday, May 3, 2013

STRESS!

I am about to overhaul my eating and do the "eat clean" thing and add some exercise to my life.  But first, I had to eat.  Let me explain . . . My son got in BIG trouble at school yesterday.  I was sick to my stomach, embarrassed, disappointed, worried, all those things you would expect.  This morning I spoke with the principal, punishment is being administered, it's all basically resolved now.  But here's what happens with me.  I have this sort of stressed out energy that sticks with me.  And eating will calm me.  I will still feel all those aforementioned emotions, I just grow calmer.  I tried heading it off with a little retail therapy but when I hit the grocery store, nah, it was still there.  So I bought a chicken pot pie and an individual serving cherry pie.  In the grand scheme of things, is that a "binge?"  Not really, I have heard of much, much worse.  But it's more food than I need and a LOT of calories.  But today, I just gave myself permission to do it.  I said, "Screw it.  I am about to get much stricter with myself, I am FREAKING right now and I am just going to eat, calm down and move on."

The good news is that I don't encounter this level of stress very often.  So, what I need to focus on as I change my lifestyle, is developing a different coping mechanism.   Even though it's rare, I don't think a glass of wine is actually a good idea.  And retail therapy only goes as far as I can afford that day, haha!  I think next I need to walk or run, as far and as fast as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment