Sunday, May 5, 2013

Toe in the Water

So today,  I didn't jump full in to my overhaul.  I did forego a muffin this morning in favor of Greek yogurt, but I ate fried chicken for lunch.  I've been cleaning a lot and trying not to sit on the computer too much.  I've been wearing my fitbit and I will go for a walk this evening.  Tomorrow though, official weigh-in, trip to the grocery store, tracking the food and hitting the gym in addition to the walk.  I have a plan and that's better than the usual vague "I'm going to try and eat better." 

While I still plan to eat "clean" I am not going to take that to crazy extremes.  On the one hand, I like the idea very much of more whole foods, less processed stuff.  But I don't think the occasional "dirty" meal will kill you and I don't see the point of concocting weird desserts with funky flours and unusual sweeteners.  I want to try and keep it simple.  And I guess at the beginning I will count calories.  Oh how I HATE keeping track of calories even though I know it's helpful. Bleh.




No comments:

Post a Comment