Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Settling in

I'm getting into a routine now and I like it.  I'm still not 100% comfortable in the gym and some people really annoy the shit out of me.  But I know what I need to do now and I've got a method.  The thing I have noticed that's a definite upside to spending this much time in the gym?  I don't want to eat crap because I don't want to take away from the work I have been doing.  I hadn't considered that happening and it's a pleasant surprise.

So, gym pet peeves.  People who hog a machine are number one.  There were two fellows on the lat pulldown machine yesterday doing many sets of 50+ reps and resting extensively between sets.  It was the LAST machine I needed and I had to wait eons for it.  I could have done all three of my sets during one of their rest periods.  People who half-ass shit while on their phone.  This girl today was clearly doing a very light weight on the leg press, very slowly, while texting.  I wanted to pull her hair.  And she wiped down NOTHING.  Then there was the dude the other day who thought he could intimidate me into getting off of the cables.  Sorry bud, I was here first, haven't been here that long and I ain't moving until I'm done no matter how much you cuddlehump me.


No comments:

Post a Comment