Monday, June 10, 2013

Ugh.

Clearly not keeping up with things around here.  I watched a "weight loss motivation" video recently that really hit home.  (You can see it here.)  I either want this or I don't.  Well, that was a much needed slap in the face!  And to commit to this goal I must do it in a way that works for me.  Now, no, I don't mean I should be able to lose weight eating chocolate for three meals a day but there are things that work for me or they don't.  As much as I understand the value of tracking my food, I hate it.  HATE IT.  And I never do it for long, and then, because it's part of my "program," I feel like I am off track and it all falls apart.  So, I've created a meal plan for myself and for now I am going to eat the same things every week.  No tracking, this is what I eat.  And my scale died, which is probably a blessing in disguise.  I can't weigh in and get discouraged for a while.

I have been really struggling with putting together a strength training routine.  I used to know what the hell I was doing.  So, here's what I did, I re-purchased my old bible.


Ah yeah! Back in the day (1994-ish), I used this book to learn what to do.  Why not buy it again?  And I got it for one penny, plus shipping.  Score!  I get rather frustrated with changes in the world of fitness sometimes.  All of a sudden, people will be mocking some "old" way of doing things and claiming it doesn't work.  It worked for 25 years?  Maybe there's now a better way of doing things, perhaps it is more efficient or more effective.  But if I like the old way, if I like the results, does it matter?  I KNOW I did the workout in this book, I KNOW what my body looked like as a result, so what the hell, I am going back to 1994.

OK, so on top of the eating and the moving I have been looking at the Tone It Up program.  If the cost was lower, I'd be 100% on board, but it's $150 so I have to think long and hard about it.  And then even if I want to do it, I've got to wait until I can get some other more pressing things handled, like braces for the younger son.  Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment