Friday, June 14, 2013

Yay!

My book arrived today!  This might be common knowledge, but when I order a used book from Amazon I try to choose a seller in my state so the book doesn't have far to go and gets to me faster.  :)  So yes, now I remember why this book was so amazing.  It taught me everything I need to know about strength training.  All of the basics are in there.  It was so educational the first time around and now it's a fantastic refresher course.  Now, I just have to get over my fear of stepping into the weight room.  Twenty years ago it wasn't that scary because there were literally guys everywhere offering to help and show me how to do things.  Now I am twenty years older and decidedly not hot, LOL, so I just get funny looks.  I have to get over that and go in there anyway.  This time around I will be using the "bulky body" workout instead of the "in-between" or "slim" workouts.  Haha!  Now I just need to find an app that will allow me to make a list of the exercises I want to do and let me record how much weight I use on each.  Then I won't look like a total dork carrying around an index card with my workout on it.  :p

This week, I did really great on eating until Thursday night.  That meal was not good, this morning and lunch were great again, dinner again not good.  OK, so now that I think about it, two bad meals.  Not so bad.  No workout yesterday or today, though.  My husband and older son went out of town yesterday and I decided to skip the workout and clean the house.  Then my younger son had a sleepover last night that turned into the friend staying here all day.  I could have gone tonight but I didn't.  Back on track tomorrow!  That's one thing I definitely need to work on, getting back on course when things go a little bit astray.

No comments:

Post a Comment